Monday, January 14, 2008

A bridge over quiet waters

They have finally made it into a real bridge. It has a top on it now.


You can see that they have left mounds of gravel to keep people from driving on it.

It looks nice - the sides are ramped up to keep people from driving off.


I got to be king of the hill.


They'll keep cars off it for a couple weeks, but we walked on it.


It was raining when we were there, so the camera had to stay under the umbrella. That's why I'm dark, and is one of the reasons Bettie is so bright.

It is a real thick bridge.


A better view of the ramping up on the sides.


We're still not real comfortable that this will keep a car from going off the side. We're talking to the builder.

A bridge to Mudville. I didn't see Casey.


I tried to show the thickness of the bridge with my standard foot. My ankle didn't bend as much as I wanted it to (which is probably good).


Up top, near the carport, looking out the length of the property. I took the picture to show the standing water, but happened to get the septic system (the red flags towards the upper right) and our flower bed (with white plastic covering it, at the right edge, beside the red flags).


The top of the driveway. Messy, muddy, and ucky.


But that didn't stop me.


Once I got most of the way down the driveway, I took pictures of Bettie in the car. Here are the far and near shots, with me in the same location.


Neat camera. Thanks again, Mom and Dad.

As I was going down the driveway, I tried to stop every few feet for a picture. I'm going to see if I can combine them into a movie. If I get it done, I'll post it here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's getting there. I can't wait to get out there and actually stand in the woods, on your actual property. Should we christen it with a picnic of Chipotle??

Steve said...

We'll do it! Sometime when it's warmer, and even then, sometime when it's drier. A blanket with enough seating for four (or more), sun protection, and lots of Chipotle. Mmmmmm!

Anonymous said...

LOOKING GOOD.
MAYBE YOU CAN PUT A DAM ON THE CREEK SO I CAN GO BASS FISHING SOMETIME !!!!!
HIGH HIGH DOES THE CREEK GET? IS THE BRIDGE HIGH ENOUGH SO IF THE CREEK RISES IT WILL NOT COVER IT? SURE HOPE SO. CHIPOLTE SOUNDS GOOD TO DONNA AND I.
MAY GOD BLESS YOUR CONSTRUCTION AND YOUR HOME.
DONNA/JERRY